Premiers I like and loathe
(The following lists are not in any particular order)
Premiers I like:
1. Lorne Calvert (Saskatchewan, NDP): Adopts a progressive stance on just about every issue, and defends himself well. Good on him.
2. Gary Doer (Manitoba, NDP): Same deal, but a bit better.
3.Dalton McGuinty (Ontario, Liberal): Although his fiscal issues do leave quite a bit to be desired, I like his stance on social issues–––and his overall policy is a breath of fresh air from the Harris-Eves government.
4. Paul Okalik (Nunavut): With the role of premier and three cabinet positions on his belt, along with an honorary degree from Carleton, this guy has my total respect.
Premiers I loathe:
1. Pat Binns (Prince Edward Island, PC): The guy has the smallest province but the largest deficits. If that is not a total accomplishment (heavy sarcasm) I have no idea what is.
2. John Hamm (Nova Scotia, PC): Trying to force nurses to simply go back to work does not get a premier in my good book.
3. Bernard Lord (New Brunswick, PC): And neither is cutting overall health care.
4. Ralph Klein (Alberta, PC): A total d***head, enough said.